About the Ohio Department of Medicaid
Launched in July 2013, the Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) is Ohio’s first Executive-level Medicaid agency. With a network of more than 83,000 active providers, ODM delivers health care coverage to more than 2.7 million residents of Ohio on a daily basis. Working closely with stakeholders, advocates, medical professionals, and fellow state agencies, the agency continues to find new ways to modernize Medicaid in Ohio. Some recent accomplishments include:
- launching a state-of-the-art online platform for provider payments
- earning Federal approval on a new plan to coordinate benefits of those eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid
- enhancing investment in home- and community-based setting for long-term care
- implementing a new Medicaid managed care program that brings a new level of choice to residents across Ohio
- saving taxpayers $3 billion by slowing program growth and controlling costs.
From incentivizing care quality and revamping care delivery to fighting fraud and bolstering program integrity, ODM is committed to serving Ohio’s taxpayers and families. Under the leadership of Director John B. McCarthy and in conjunction with the Governor’s Office of Health Transformation, each day Ohio Medicaid is working to improve the health care landscape across Ohio.